STRATEGIC BUSINESS AND PROJECT SOLUTIONS FOR ECOLOGICAL & SUSTAINABILITY ISSUES
Making Informed Business Decisions About the Environment
- Assessment and valuation of environmental assets
- Methodology development, metrics, and modeling of ecological values for risk, impact, damages, and conservation delivery
- “No net loss” and “biodiversity net gain” application in the field
- Scaled solution approaches
- Tailored strategies that consider varied geographies, assets, partners, and time horizons
- Cost-outcome analysis
- Due diligence on the business potential and performance of environmental assets
ALIGNING BUSINESS AND ENVIRONMENTAL DECISION-MAKING
This service is a consulting engagement where our team of expert advisors ideate and craft customized strategies that integrate performance-based environmental outcomes into daily business decision-making. The results, for many of our clients, have included new lines of revenue, cost savings and measurable, meaningful conservation progress in meeting their public commitments. After working with multiple extractive industries and entities responsible for millions of acres of natural resources, we noticed three common issues that keep them from effectively caring for these assets, capitalizing on these non-traditional lines of revenue and linking these actions with their environmental promises:
- Lack of knowledge on the currency of ecosystem services and the assessment and valuation of realty assets.
- Unfamiliarity with the due diligence process for understanding the business potential and performance of environmental assets from an ecosystem services perspective.
- Uncertainty about launching new initiatives, scaling pilot projects and communicating outcomes to internal and external stakeholders.
It can be risky to move your enterprise into these new spaces without the requisite knowledge. It’s also risky to simply continue doing business as usual. We partner with you in every step of your process of making good environmental promises and making good on your promises.
Deriving new outcomes from and for your environmental assets is not for the faint of heart. It requires your organization to move into new territory: injecting new learning, taking new targeted risks and shifting embedded cultural mindsets. It takes time to identify the right strategy, develop the know-how across your team and bring these concepts into reality for your operation. Taking these actions today sets you on the path to differentiate your enterprise from those that continue to operate in the status quo and enhances your long-term social license to operate.
WHY YOU NEED THIS SERVICE
PROGRESSIVE IS AS PROGRESSIVE DOES – DIFFERENTIATE YOURSELF FROM THE COMPETITION
Who Needs This Service?
Fortune 500 and mid-sized companies that are in resource dependent industries and public agencies that are entrusted to steward environmental resources and generate public returns. These are common elements that our clients share:
- Makes public claims and commitments relating to environmental stewardship and sustainability.
- Directly owns and/or manages significant and diverse environmental assets.
- Invests in environmental restoration (for compliance and reputational benefit purposes).
- Faces highly complex environmental and business conflict issues around land use, stakeholder and community relations and regulatory compliance.
- Desires strategic advisement about sustainability and stewardship issues beyond their in-house expertise.
BUILDING BUSINESS PREDICTABILITY INTO ENVIRONMENTAL DECISION-MAKING
We begin by assessing your current activities and identifying gaps between where you are, where you have committed to be and where you could be. Our team engages across your leadership group to see where dots need connecting and to discover unseen opportunities for green business initiatives. We also pulse the organization’s appetite for change. This results in a series of stated objectives to be accomplished during our engagement.
Here are some of the activities that may be included based on the customized engagement and agreed-upon deliverables:
- Interview internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunities and roadblocks to success.
- Recommend best practices and methodologies for measuring environmental outcomes for risk, impact, damages, conservation delivery and participation in the marketplace.
- Evaluate realty assets for environmental market values, cost savings, and reputational benefits, including financial analysis of prospective revenue-generating projects.
- Audit the performance of existing green programs and recommend improvements.
- Develop concepts for new environmental restoration initiatives and guide implementation.
- Due diligence on environmental investments.
- Provide trainings to executives and senior line staff.
Our work products will include agreed-upon deliverables and contain our advisements and recommended path forward. Oftentimes, initial engagements lead to a series of phased engagements where our team moves beyond initial strategic advisement to help your team implement the recommendations at an appropriate scale and pace. These phased engagements are highly attractive to ideal clients seeking to deliver consistent progress for their organization.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
INTEGRATED BUSINESS & ENVIRONMENTAL STRATEGIES
This offering usually culminates in the development of customized advisory and implementation services, driving new initiatives and spanning across multiple divisions. The benefits to your organization include:
- Tailored strategies aligning your environmental initiatives and your public commitments.
- Business decision support for delivering measurable, meaningful environmental outcomes and social benefit.
- Improved performance outcomes from your existing stewardship programs.
- Enhanced ability to inform and influence the development of public policy and voluntary frameworks.
- Potential to generate new streams of savings and revenues from your portfolio of natural capital.
How To Get Started
We work collaboratively with our client liaison, their team members and organization decision-makers to ideate, design, and deliver customized solutions. We typically progress through a phased process of discovery, visioning, setting expectations, project management and advancement. This provides the perfect blend of formal structure and flexible application.
Our approach for engaging with each client begins with a no-obligation initial consultation and a needs assessment. Based on each client’s situation and the unique nature of this work, we may progress through several framing sessions before formalizing an engagement. This ensures clarity of scoping and a shared understanding of risks, assumptions, variables and the timing of the work.
To get started on this process, please fill out the form below.
Get Started Now
Please fill out the form below to request a consult for our Strategic Business And Project Solutions For Ecological & Sustainability Issues service.